Liam Neeson: ‘There Are Too Many F*cking Guns In America’
“But how will I protect my compound when the gub’mint comes for me?!”
Posted by Photo Boy
Liam Neeson doesn’t have money, but what he does have is a very specia- *gets Batman doll shoved in temple by Fish* – It’s cool, man, it’s cool. I forgot we weren’t doing that anymore… I’ll start over.
Liam Neeson has enjoyed a career resurgence over the past few years thanks to how cool it looks when he elbows necks and shoots the shit out of people with bullet-firing contraptions. I can’t think of what they’re called right now, it’ll come to me. GUNS! That’s it!! Turns out he fucking hates those things. Via Huffington Post:
There’s too many fucking guns out there. Especially in America. I think the population is like, 320 million? There’s over 300 million guns. Privately owned, in America. I think it’s a fucking disgrace. Every week now we’re picking up a newspaper and seeing, ‘Yet another few kids have been killed in schools.
But he makes the movies with the guns and the explosions! Why isn’t the pretend thing that I love exactly like his real life?
I grew up watching cowboy movies, loved doing that [gun gesture] with my fingers, ‘Bang, bang, you’re dead!’ I didn’t end up a killer. I think that’s something the power of cinema can be.
So this cape won’t make me fly? I need to reconsider a lot of decisions I’ve made. – *slowly closes gull wing door on Pontiac Sunfire* – In the meantime, let’s look at why Liam Neeson isn’t the best poster child for gun control by examining what will of course be the measured, reasonable response of proud American gun lovers:
1. He’s not even ‘Merkan!
– Ad hominem, but excellent ignorant starting point.
– How accurate are you at 10,000 feet straight up?
3. Slippery slope, knives!
– Shh, nobody’s shutting down the flea market where you get your switchblades.
4. 2nd Ammendment!
– Black people couldn’t vote 50 years ago, but you’re right, the founding fathers had this thing pegged from the start.
5. Nanny state, Socialism!
– Roads, Police, Firemen, Medicare, Free Public School, Food Stamps, Military…and coming soon COLLEGE! (FYI: The free market created/sustains none of these things.)
Photo: Splash News