Kanye West is Kurt Cobain Now
Kanye West‘s upcoming album Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy has officially been banned from Wal-Mart thanks to the appearance of abstract art nipple, the true vessel of Satan. But don’t let me be the one to tell you. Let’s hear it directly from Kanye – in spectacular crazy-vision. Via Twitter:
- Yoooo they banned my album cover!!!!! Ima tweet it in a few…
– Banned in the USA!!! They don’t want me chilling on the couch with my phoenix! http://twitpic.com/2ykxjk
– In the 70s album covers had actual nudity… It’s so funny that people forget that… Everything has been so commercialized now.
– I know that cover just blew yall minds … I wish yall could see how hard I’m smiling right now!!!
– In all honesty … I really don’t be thinking about Wal-Mart when I make my music or album covers #Kanyeshrug!
– I wanna sell albums but not at the expense of my true creativity.
– So Nirvana can have a naked human being on they cover but I can’t have a PAINTING of a monster with no arms and a polka dot tail and wings
I’m sorry. Did I miss the memo where Kanye announced he’s going to start attaching his name to random actions essentially creating his own Kanyelanguage? Because that seems like something I should’ve been made aware of before I got Superficialdickedintheye with my pants down.
(It’s not as laughably egotistical when I do it, is it? Kanyedammit.)
NOTE: Album cover is slightly NSFW.