While Sylvester Stallone was at Comic-Con promoting The Expendables 2 last week, his son Sage Stallone (Seen above in Rocky V) was reportedly lying dead in his room, possibly for days, and according to TMZ, it looks like an accidental overdose:
Our sources tell TMZ … Sage “lived like Howard Hughes” … he often spent days in his room which was “littered with junk,” including an enormous number of cigarette butts, beer and soda cans, and food.
We’re told there were two drawers filled with various pill bottles, some of which were “huge.”
Our sources say Sage was living like a hermit … no one had spoken with him since a week ago Friday. Although the housekeeper had been there earlier this week, she had specific ongoing instructions never to enter Sage’s room. In fact, we’re told the housekeeper was told to never even knock at the door.
Except, strangely, Sage’s lawyer is claiming he didn’t drink or do drugs which makes the cause of death.. cream soda overdose? Via People:
“Sage didn’t even drink,” the attorney, who knew the son of Sylvester Stallone socially and professionally for more than 15 years, tells PEOPLE. “There was a report that his room was filled with liquor bottles. Actually, they were empty bottles of Dr. Brown’s Cream Soda.”
I don’t want to speculate here, but hypothetically speaking, let’s say I did, my money would be on never fully recovering from being replaced as his own father’s son in Rocky Balboa by Milo Ventimiglia and then watching him go on to bang Hayden Panettiere. That or living in constant fear of being crushed by his dad’s Hulk arms. Either way, poor kid never stood a chance.
Rest in Peace.
UPDATE: Turns out Sly never returned Sage’s calls. Yeesh.