UPDATE: Ryan Jenkins charged with murder

The Superficial / August 21, 2009

Megan Wants a Millionaire contestant Ryan Jenkins has officially been charged with the murder/mutilation of his wife Jasmine Fiore (above.) New details reveal her teeth and fingers were missing when her body was found. People reports:

“Ryan Jenkins is an animal,” said Robert Hasman, a former boyfriend of Fiore’s. “What he has done to Jasmine is unspeakable.”
Authorities believe Jenkins has fled to his native Canada, walking across the Washington state border.
Orange County District Attorney spokeswoman Farrah Emami tells PEOPLE that Jenkins would have to be apprehended and extradited for any trial to proceed. Emami also says there is no special circumstance attached to the charge that would make Jenkins eligible for the death penalty. Canada would therefore have no reason to resist extraditing Jenkins once he is captured, she says.

In the meantime, producers of Megan Hauserman’s reality show, which has been yanked off the air, snapped into spin control and issued the following statement to TMZ:

“51Minds was not aware of Ryan Jenkins’ record when it cast him on “Megan Wants a Millionaire.” Obviously, if the company had been given a full picture of his background, he would never have been allowed on the show.
The company did have in place what it thought was a thorough vetting process that involved complete background checks by an outside company for all contestants on its shows. Clearly, the process did not work properly in this case.”

Of course, everyone has known VH1’s vetting process is less than thorough ever since they gave Bret Michaels a reality show that allowed him to spread hepatitis to truck stop strippers and single moms while pretending to not be bald. A crazed millionaire killer who’s watched too much CSI was only a natural progression.

UPDATE: Added photos of Jasmine and Ryan at the The Palms hotel in Vegas on August 3rd two weeks before her murder. Courtesy of TMZ.

Photos: Getty, TMZ