Says the doctor who most likely killed him. TMZ has the timeline Dr. Conrad Murray’s defense will present which essentially has Michael Jackson giving himself a lethal dose of Propofol while the doctor’s taking a leak. No, really:
- At around 10:50 AM, Dr. Murray gave Jackson 25 mg of Propofol from a 20 ml bottle — that’s only about 1/8 of the bottle.
- The dose Dr. Murray administered would keep someone asleep for only 5 to 10 minutes, But the Propofol, along with the Ativan and Versed that was already in MJ’s system, had a synergistic effect that put Jackson to sleep for a longer period of time.
- For the next hour, Dr. Murray stayed in the room and was on the phone for much of the time. Dr. Murray didn’t leave the room to make the calls because MJ liked activity in the room, regularly sleeping with the lights on and cartoons blaring on the TV.
- At around noon, Dr. Murray left the room for approximately two minutes to go to the bathroom. While he was gone, the defense believes Jackson suddenly awakened and was frustrated he had spent nearly 9 hours trying in vain to sleep. The defense theory — Jackson took the 20 ml bottle of Propofol and self-injected the remaining contents through the IV, causing a massive overdose that stopped his heart.
- Dr. Murray walked back in the room and saw Jackson with his eyes open and pupils dilated. Dr. Murray dropped the phone (he was speaking with his girlfriend) and began administering CPR.
A likely story, but if you’re really going to sell this thing, there should probably be some child-touching. You’d just assume that’d be the crux of this defense.
PROSECUTION: Dr. Murray, where were you when Michael Jackson died?
DR. MURRAY: Helping children escape out the window.
PROSECUTION: …. He’s innocent, your honor.