Kid Rock sues to stop sex tape
Kid Rock has won an initial victory to stop his sex tape with Scott Stapp and four women from being released. The court order only applies to the preview clip and will remain in effect until a court hearing Friday to determine whether the actual tape will be stopped as well.
“We don’t deny the authenticity of the tape,” Kid Rock’s lawyer, William Horton, told the Detroit Free Press. “But they’re using this without his permission to drive the sales of their other products.”
“Even rock stars are entitled to privacy,” said co-counsel Michael Novak. “These are public figures, and the standards are different.”
In an affidavit filed with the lawsuit, Kid Rock, who was born Robert Ritchie, said the video was shot in 1999 near Miami. At the time, Stapp was the lead singer of Creed. Kid Rock said in the lawsuit filing that it was clearly understood that the video would remain Stapp’s private property and would not be displayed publicly. Joseph has said previously that he got the tape from a third party. It involved women from a strip club and was taken in a motor home, he said.
I’m hoping the courts have the decency to halt the distribution of the tape. Not because I’m concerned for Kid Rock or Scott Stapp’s privacy, but because I don’t think my feeble little mind could take their two naked bodies gyrating around each other.