Jim Carrey Thinks ‘Kick-Ass 2′ Is Too Violent Now, Refuses To Promote It
Kick-Ass 2 comes out in August, so right about now would be the time when you’d start seeing the stars appearing on talk shows and promoting the shit out of it. Unless they’re Jim Carrey who decided yesterday to bash a movie he got paid millions of dollars to star in and knew the exact content of for being too violent:
- I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence. My apologies to e
– I meant to say my apologies to others involve with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart.
Keep in mind, Sandy Hook happened over six months ago and Jim Carrey has known all along what content the movie has because every single gunshot was in the script, according to Kick-Ass creator Mark Millar who penned a lengthy response pointing out how fucking random this is all was considering the following:
1. Jim Carrey loved the first movie so much he dressed up like Kick-Ass, completely on his own, while making a surprise appearance on Conan O’Brien’s comedy tour.
2. The most memorable character in Kick-Ass was a little girl armed to the fucking teeth.
3. Nothing in the final cut of the movie wasn’t in the screenplay 18 months ago. The screenplay Jim Carrey read.
I’m not even going to get into the nuances of how Japan has way more violent movies and video games than us, but has nowhere near the gun violence America has because it’s not even worth it. More importantly, exactly like “Cold Dead Hand,” this isn’t even about stirring debate or starting a dialog about gun violence, it’s about Jim Carrey wanting everyone to fawn over his “principles” because he’s so much deeper than just some guy who talked with his butt in that movie. And while the knee-jerk reaction will be, “So are you going to give back the money?” he probably will because the man’s sitting on that kind of cash. So let’s up that to, are you going to financially support every single cast and crew member if you screwed them out of a third movie by refusing to promote a film you willingly worked on for months with a fake gun in your hand? What the hell did you think was going to shoot out of it? Seltzer water? YOU’RE. NOT. HELPING.