Jennifer Lopez Thinks ‘American Idol’ Won’t Replace Her (They Are)

The Superficial | June 29, 2011 - 3:41 pm

Even before this season of American Idol ended, Jennifer Lopez has been saying she’s not sure if she’s coming back which pretty much everyone recognizes is a giant cash grab. And it probably would’ve worked had she not pulled similar bullshit last year while Idol producers were plucking her out of a career nose-dive, yet inexplicably handed her $12 million to sit in a chair and occasionally say words. Popeater reports:

“‘Idol’ has resurrected her much-stalled music career,” one music exec tells me, referring to ‘On the Floor,’ the singer’s first radio hit in a while. “Likewise, ‘Idol’ didn’t fall apart when Simon left and Jennifer has to get some of the credit for that. But let’s also remember the show didn’t increase in ratings and that is also thanks to J.Lo.”
Jennifer told the BBC: “I loved ‘Idol,’ but I have a lot of other things happening, and it’s going to come down to me making a choice of what I want to do for the next year … We’re not really at the breaking point of ‘You have to make a decision right now!'”
Be careful, Jennifer, I’m being told the names Shania Twain and Shakira are already being mentioned in hopes of bringing in viewers!

Or they could pay Charlie Sheen $100,000 cash for an entire season – which he’d take – saving the show millions and allowing it to air a season where you sing right or a drug addict shivs you in the goddamn face while claiming he’s the Vatican. But that’s just me and my knack for quality television. “You know, I liked that song, but it’s not one for the record books, so I’m going to have to eat your children which should give you more time to stop sucking. Steven, cut me a line, and Randy, you voted for Obama, so shut your yap or I cut you open and stomp on your entrails outside a castle.”

Photos: Splash News