DJ AM overdosed (In case there were doubts.)

The Superficial / September 29, 2009

DJ AM’s death has been ruled an accidental drug overdose by the New York medical examiner’s office, according to the AP:

The toxicology report showed the 36-year-old had in his system cocaine, OxyContin, Hydrocodone or Vicodin, antianxiety drugs Xanax and Ativan, Klonopin which also controls anger, Benadryl, and Levamisole, a drug apparently used to cut cocaine.
The cause of death was acute intoxication due to the combined effects the drugs, the medical examiner’s office said. The dosage of each drug was not released.
He was found Aug. 28 in his apartment in New York City’s trendy SoHo neighborhood after a friend called 911. Paramedics had to break down the door before they found him, shirtless and wearing sweat pants, in his bed around 5:20 p.m.
Six pills were found in his stomach and a pill in his throat when he was found dead in his apartment. The pill in his throat appeared to be OxyContin. A crack pipe and prescription pill bottles were discovered there.

No one’s saying if it was a suicide, but I don’t really know what a person expects to happen after shoving that many drugs in their face. For example, if I went out back and chugged a can of Raid, that’s not so much accidental as a purposeful act of self-inflicted dumb. So if somebody could maybe change that on the death certificate…

Photo: WENN