DJ AM ate way too much OxyContin
DJ AM’s death is starting to look more like a drug-fueled suicide. Reports are coming in that he had a stomach full of OxyContin, according to People:
Authorities investigating the death of DJ AM have found that he had eight undigested OxyContin pills in his stomach and a ninth in his mouth, a law enforcement source tells PEOPLE.
The finding suggests that DJ AM – real name Adam Goldstein – swallowed the powerful painkillers quickly. “He wanted to die,” says the source, who says the suicide theory is supported by the pills and other evidence. “He was going unconscious when he took the last one. He didn’t even swallow it.”
In addition to the OxyContin, the source says, authorities who entered Goldstein’s New York apartment Aug. 28 found a Valentine’s Day card in the next room from Haley Wood. The pair had recently split. Dated Feb. 14, 2009, the card read, “Thank God you’re in my life. I love you.” Next to the card were six or seven photos of Wood and Goldstein.
“The card was lying on top of his laptops on the coffee table in the living room,” the source says.
All this would make sense except Haley Wood informed Us Weekly that she never broke up with DJ AM and the two were still together:
“Any indication that this horribly tragic accident happened because of a rumored breakup is not only untrue but disgusting. We were very much together at the time of his passing, and I love him very much.”
Well, if she didn’t break up with DJ AM then why did he kill hims- oh, wait. Dammit, Olsen twins…